Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No Day

Today was Okhi Day. 'Okhi' means 'no' in Greek, and today is the anniversary of when the Greek leader , Metaxas, responded 'no' when asked by Mussolini if he could move some Italian troops through Greece. His standing up to Italy meant that Greece would officially enter the war, and, well, Greece lost a lot of people during the war.

Nothing was open today, so I went to the National Garden to read. A few people had recommended it as a nice place to read. What i found instead was a suspicious amount of men sitting alone on park benches eyeing people as they walked by. At one point i kept seeing the same man in an orange and brown sweat suite wherever i went. I probably wouldn't of noticed, but last night i had an uncomfortable conversation with the elderly man that lives in the studio apartment next door. He was drunk and invited me over for some wine after i introduced myself as the American that lived next door. he also said "i like you" and asked me to come over sometime. In blog this sounds boring, but in real life it was terribly creepy..

I called my friend Eva who lives near the garden and told her about the man in the sweat suite. She said "walk quickly and come over right away." I did. I spent the rest of the day playing with Miles the dog and tasting the unfamiliar Greek treats in her kitchen.





Also today I found this car covered in yogurt. Expensive delicious yogurt:

1 comment:

vrbnks said...

The sweat suite makes it sound way creeper than if he were in a sweatsuit.

I put yogurt on you car here just the other day, weird.